CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

UGG-ly Situation

Hannah announced midday that she will no longer be attending preschool.

I was really surprised to hear her say it. She usually loves school, begs to go on days off and get ticked off at me when I pick her up at noon, "Why can't I be a full day kid, mommy?" (Because mommy and daddy cannot afford to send you full day, sweetie.) No, I have never actually said that to her.

So...needless to say I knew something must be wrong. My first thought was that she was getting picked on because she has glasses. (I would be in that classroom so quickly tomorrow giving a little lesson on why some children need glasses and how we are different.) But no, that wasn't it. A little girl, we'll call her P, told my daughter that she cannot play with her- BECAUSE HANNAH DOESN'T HAVE UGGS!!! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!? Apparently a few of the girls do have Uggs and are now the elite preschool crowd. Much to Hannah's surprise she does not have real Uggs, she's got a knock-off pair that I bought a Target. She was happy with them and didn't know the difference...UNTIL NOW! I am sorry, I am not spending that kind of money on a pair of boots for my preschooler. I love her, I want her to be fashionable, but I refuse to spend that kind of money, I DON'T EVEN HAVE UGGS~ugg Pictures, Images and Photos


So this little girl told Hannah that only the girls with real Uggs can play with her. I think there are like 3 kids with them. I just can't even believe this is happening in a preschool-my god. I told Hannah that she should try to play with someone besides P tomorrow, that there a plenty of nice little girls to play with. I also told her I would talk to her teachers in the morning when I drop her off.

Is my kid going to be an outcast because I won't buy her $90 boots?

What is up with kids these days?

Shouldn't my preschooler be worrying about what color paint to use rather than the brand name of her boots??

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment. I'm so new at this...happy blogging : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously hope you're joking. That is the most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever heard. Preschoolers?! What is the world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete