CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Little Things

It's the little things I miss now that I am a mother of 2.

Shaved Legs-everyday. Most mothers would be lying if they said they got to this task each and every day. On a normal day, I MIGHT have 20 minutes to shower, get dressed and brush my teeth. If I have to choose between shaving my legs or brushing my teeth, the teeth win.

Laying on the couch with a good book. Uninterrupted.

An entire room, free of toys. Even my bedroom, which is supposedly off limits, ends up with a random matchbox car or book on the floor.

There are SO MANY more. But today, these are the things I long for.

4 comments:

  1. So true so true! Saturdays and Sundays seem to be the only time I manage to get my legs shaved. Guess I'll have to figure out something when summer comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. And sleeping in? Oh my. I haven't slept past 7:30 since October 22, 2003! I long for a day when I can sleep as long as I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Sleeping in...having a bite of dessert without having to share...taking a nap... but really, who would trade those for the hugs and kisses of our little ones?

    ReplyDelete